Beadreaming on Etsy

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jewelry class -part 2



Tonight I made the walls even with a grinding machine.  I first taped two pieces together and made one side even and worked on the other sides.  Once the two pieces were even,  I taped a third section and cut it to match.

After I had all the pieces the same size (or at least as close as possible) I filed the burs.  I then placed them on the brick (fixture  I made in the first class).  I applied flux, put 4 tiny pieces of hard solder on top, buried them in flux and soldered two sides together.   

Soldering wasn't too bad.  I was afraid of messing it up but I am happy to report success!  I first warmed the flux until it turned white. Then I moved the heat closer and warmed the metal until the flux turned brown.  At that point, I directed the flame onto the solder and it melted.

I am very much content with the results.   I can't wait for the next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment