Beadreaming on Etsy

Monday, November 14, 2011

Glass Cabochons

Photobucket

I made these cabochons so I can use them in the silver rings I will make in the silver fabrication class I am taking. I made them using cabochon mandrels I purchased years ago and were stashed with the rest of my supplies. These cabs are small... about 3/4 inch diameter and my cabochon mandrels are about 1 1/4 inch so as I was thinking how to make the top and sides even, I spotted Corina's lentil press on my work station, pressed it against the mandrel and voila! Perfectly rounded cabochons!

These are fun to make except when they slip off the mandrel. I had a bad burn on my finger from trying to catch the cabochon mandrel. It was just instinct...I knew it was hot but it is one of those things that you just do without thinking .

No comments:

Post a Comment